PILLOWS!

Friday, September 23, 2016

PILLOWS!!

I have been so excited to make these and add them to the shop. They are a mix of my favorite things: sewing, painting, and most of all being a home decor item. 

These pillows are made with a 10 oz duck fabric which is better known as canvas. The back is of white broadcloth, keeping it simple and neutral. I love canvas fabric because it is strong and best of all can be painted. I have hand painted the quotes with paint that will last on fabric so no worries about it coming off. The pillows themselves are pillow forms, meaning they were already a pillow and just needed a cover. I decided to do it this way rather than just stuffing batting on the inside so that way the pillows hold their shape better. 

One thing to note is that these are non-removable covers so the best way to clean if it gets noticeably dirty is to spot clean.

The gray pillow I actually painted the whole canvas to experiment with that technique, and I think it turned out pretty good so I decided to go ahead and make it a pillow!

Here are some pictures below.






Stop by my shop to see more photos! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

-Melissa


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© White Mountain Cottage. Design by Fearne.